Friday, March 18, 2011

don't need nothin' but a good time...

What a week. Daylight Savings time seemed to have gotten the best of everyone. We're all tired; our schedules are off and general weirdness has ensued.

I did hear back from my family in Italy again and they sent me pictures of themselves! That was the highlight of my week. They seem to really love outdoor activities, which will be perfect in summer in Rome. They are 15 minutes from the city's center and 20 minutes from the Mediterranean.

My flight is still not booked though. I don't have a departure date yet and it is causing me a lot of anxiety. Airfare is going up because of all the ordeals in the middle east and everything that has happened in Japan. I don't mean to sound selfish by mentioning that but prices had already gone up $500 since I first started searching 6 months ago so to have it go up another $200 in a day is huge. I won't be able to afford a flight if it stays that high.

2 comments:

  1. You really need to get that flight booked the longer you wait the more expensive it could get. Daylight savings time seemed the miss everyone up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is now booked! :) I had to wait until I had my exact dates, per my contract & Italy's 90-day visa rules.

    I need to update again... but more updates will happen from Italy, of course!

    ReplyDelete